Ozone is a trace element of the atmosphere that occurs naturally in small amounts. When an oxygen molecule (O2) is chemically bonded to a third oxygen atom by oxidation, it is known as ozone, or 0³.
A bluish-green water-soluble gas with a distinctive fragrance, ozone is unstable and difficult to detect. When used at low concentrations, it makes the air smell fresh, and its colour turns the sky blue.
Ozone’s second only to fluorine as the most potent known oxidiser on the planet, and it is also the most powerful, widely accessible water sanitiser on the market.
Many varieties of common bacteria, such as E. coli and fecal coliforms, viruses, fungus, mould, mildew, and cysts, are effectively controlled with it. It is also noncarcinogenic in its effects on viruses, fungus, mould, mildew, and cysts.
They gave it the name “ozone” because of the distinctive odour it emits. The term originated from the Greek word “ozien,” meaning “to smell.” Since 1893, it has been used to purify water. It’s also utilised for detoxification, air deodorisation, and food preservation.
Seven Reasons to Consider Biozone Air Purifiers
- It has been shown that ozone causes 99.9 per cent of the potentially hazardous and unpleasant odour molecules in the environment to be destroyed. A potent oxidant and an easily accessible source of oxygen, ozone has several advantages over other oxidants available on the market.
- Ozone is a disinfectant particularly efficient in its disinfecting properties. Compared to chlorine, ozone kills germs and viruses 3,125 times faster and is a 50 per cent stronger oxidiser.
- Aside from the fact that ozone molecules are non-toxic, a great majority of materials can’t absorb ozone molecules due to the chemical makeup of the materials they are found. Therefore, having a bottle of it around the house is entirely risk-free.
- They are highly cost-effective because ozone generators have a long operational life and do not require maintenance or particular expertise to operate. One only needs a few components to fix the system.
- Powered by an intelligent microprocessor controller, the ozone generator has more than 90 per cent efficiency, making it the most efficient ozone generator available. Another feature of the system is the inclusion of an ozone-emitting spray nozzle, allowing for immediate contact with contaminating chemicals.
- Ozone generators are not affected by water, so you can use them in the bathroom, kitchen, or laundry room. They are even safe for pets and plants.
- You can employ the ozone generator in all kinds of rooms. You can apply it in the bedroom, living room, office, kitchen, etc. Because ozone is not added to the air, it will not alter the air quality. It will only remove foul odours, bacteria, and viruses.
Biozone air purifiers are a cleaner that uses active oxygen as an oxidiser. The highest concentrations of active oxygen are found in the atmosphere, about 0.1 to 0.3 parts per million. Besides ozone being the third molecule of oxygen, it has several advantages over other purifiers. The ozone molecule is three times larger than other active oxygen molecules, allowing it to play a better role in the purification process. You can use it to generate active oxygen using ultraviolet radiation. Overall, ozone is one of the safest and most potent purifiers.
Are you looking for cleaning services on the Mornington Peninsula that are of a higher calibre? Essential Home Services may provide general or deep cleaning services depending on your property’s needs. We also offer biozone air purifiers as part of our post-care services. Contact us right away to schedule an appointment!